Antivirus blocking printer [Firewall, Avast & more]
- Access to Kaspersky’s main user interface.
- Go to the Settings section and click on the additional section of this box.
- On the right side of the window that appears on your computer, select Threats and Exceptions.
- Click on the Configure Exclusion Rules link.
- Just fill in the required fields and add an exception for the printer (local or network).
This software program has been in development for some time and offers anti-malware solutions for both individuals and large companies.
The interface is very easy to use, and you can set an exclusion rule if your prints are blocked by Kaspersky.
Sometimes this antivirus is not updated, which causes various problems. If this is the case for you, please read our special guide to solving the problem.
- Open Avast on your Windows 10 computer.
- Then go to Protection.
- Select Firewall from the Security section.
- Select Application Settings at the bottom of this screen.
- Next, create a new firewall rule by selecting New Application Rule.
- Just add the application you want to include in the firewall exceptions list.
- Save everything and restart the system if necessary.
Avast is an excellent antivirus solution that offers a free solution for those who only need basic protection for their PC.
If you want to try several free antivirus programs before deciding which one to keep, check out our guide to the best free antivirus programs for up to a year.
- In Avira, you have to go to the menu and then to the configuration.
- You should then be able to access the Internet security feature.
- From there, you can retrieve a record with the rules of the application.
- So click on the Application Rules link to open the firewall settings.
- Select Change Preferences and locate the printer application in the list of allowed programs and enable it.
Avira is another free antivirus security program. Over the past year, the developer has significantly improved the software to make it competitive enough.
There are also many free security programs available. If you don’t already know them, check out our complete guide and discover their features.
- Launch the AVG application and click on the Firewall option in the main interface (this should be the last option).
- Then click on the Settings icon in the Advanced Firewall – it should be at the bottom of this window.
- Select Advanced Settings and click Set Exclusion Rule for avast on the left.
- Now click Add and fill out the form on the screen to add a new exception for your printer.
- Save the new settings and restart.
AVG is one of the best antivirus software that can stop viruses, spyware and malware and protect your computer from every cyber threat imaginable.
- Open the Norton application.
- Choose Advanced.
- The Firewall component should be in the left pane; select it.
- Tap the Settings icon in the row of application locks.
- Select Add Application and install the executable file for the printer.
- Apply these settings and save.
- It’s done.
Norton does a fantastic job of updating its virus databases, with new updates almost daily. It also has a VPN and other interesting features.
7. Windows Defender
- Open the Windows Defender Security Center – in the Windows search box (just click on the Cortana icon), type Windows Defender and run the application with the same name.
- Select Virus and Threat Protection and go to the settings for Virus and Threat Protection.
- From here you can choose to add or remove exclusions.
- You can now add the printer to the exceptions list, which means that you can now use it successfully without any further problems.
Windows Defender is an integrated solution that comes with Windows 10. Basically, you can only use Defender to protect your computer from viruses and other threats.
Is Windows Defender not working? Don’t worry, use our solutions and solve the problem easily.
Here are the steps to follow when an antivirus blocks your printer or printing process. If you are currently using a program other than those already mentioned, don’t panic.
You should be able to use similar configuration steps for your own device. However, we recommend using one of these best antivirus for Windows 10 to avoid compatibility issues.
So, if you have any questions or need our help, please feel free to contact our team (you can do so using the comment box below).
frequently asked questions
How can I prevent a firewall from blocking the printer?
How do I disable the Avast firewall?
Is the Avast firewall working properly?
Reviews ‘ avast-internet-security
avast firewall blocking internetavast allow program through firewallkaspersky blocking printernorton blocking printeravast port forwardingkaspersky blocking scan to folder,People also search for,Feedback,avast firewall blocking internet,avast allow program through firewall,kaspersky blocking printer,norton blocking printer,avast port forwarding,kaspersky blocking scan to folder,norton firewall blocking network computers,norton smart firewall blocking network