Disable OneDrive On This Day Notifications in Windows 10
You can turn off OneDrive On This Day notifications in Windows 10 if you don’t want to see them. On This Day reminds you of photos and videos that have been on your OneDrive for years. It is implemented to relive old memories.
OneDrive is an online document storage solution from Microsoft that comes free with Windows 10. You can use it to store documents and other data online in the cloud. In addition, your stored data will be synchronized across all your devices.
When OneDrive is installed and running in Windows 10, it adds the context menu command Move to OneDrive, which is available for files in specific locations listed in the user’s profile, such as Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. In addition, OneDrive has a Files on Demand feature that displays versions of files in the local OneDrive directory, even if they have not been synced and downloaded. Finally, you can use the file history feature for files stored in your OneDrive folder.
When OneDrive on Windows 10 is run under a Microsoft account, it syncs photos and videos stored in the folder. The files will also be available in OneDrive > Photos > On This Day. You may see a notification on your Windows desktop that day.
In this post, we’ll show you how to turn off the notification that storage is available that day on OneDrive in Windows 10.
Disable a player from today’s notifications in Windows 10
- Click the OneDrive icon in the taskbar to open the settings.Windows 10 OneDrive status bar icon
- Now click the Help and Settings icon in the OneDrive pop-up window.
- Finally, click Settings.OneDrive Settings menu item
- In the Settings tab, under When on this day, remove the check mark (unselect). It is enabled by default (checked).
- Click OK to apply the change.
You’re done. You can always re-enable this option later to restore this functionality.
It is also possible to disable the notification in the registry. There is a corresponding option in the HCKU branch, that is, for the current user.
Player quitting on that day Registry reports
- Open the Registry Editor application.
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOneDriveAccountsPersonal. See how to open a registry key with a single click.
- On the right, change the 32-bit DWORD value of OnThisDayPhotoNotificationDisabled or create a new one. Even if you are using 64-bit Windows, you must create a 32-bit DWORD value.
- Set it to 1 to disable notifications on that day.
- If the value is 0, the message remains on.
To save you time, you can download the following ready-made registration files.
Download the registration files
The ZIP archive contains the following files.
- Disable OneDrive On This Day Reminders Available notification.reg – This file disables the notification.
- Enable OneDrive Reminders On This Day notification available.reg – restores the default settings.
Unpack the downloaded archive into a folder and double-click the file to apply the changes.
Please support us.
Vinero is counting heavily on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
frequently asked questions
How do I turn off notifications on OneDrive?
The default selection is the one you want: Settings for notifications and actions. Select this option and the settings window opens: Then turn off notifications completely, smarter to turn off certain apps and programs like OneDrive!
How do I disable OneDrive on that day?
Technical stop of the training…
How can I prevent OneDrive from appearing in Windows 10?
Logout, logout, logout….
Feedback,onedrive on this day turn off,turn off onedrive email notifications,disable onedrive windows 10,turn off onedrive notifications android,how to disable onedrive,disable onedrive notifications windows 10,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to stop onedrive from opening on startup windows 10,onedrive notification remove files from all locations