Finding Deleted Tweets? Here’s How to Do it?
Are you regretting your decision to delete tweets inadvertently or deliberately? Most of you are asking the same question: What happened to my twitter tweets? If any of this is true then, my friend, it’s not possible to get them back on Twitter. They cannot be restored using any method.
There are many effective ways to locate deleted tweets. These tweets can be copied and retweeted or used as references whenever you like.
Read also: Searching old tweets using a date
Table of Contents
How to Find Deleted Twitters
- 1. Retrieve Tweets Archive
- 2. Use the WayBack Machine to Find Deleted Twitters
- 3. Google Cache
- 4. Twitter’s Native Advanced Search
- 5. Twipu.com
- 6. Snapbird
- What is the best way to view someone’s deleted tweets?
Find Deleted Tweets
There are other methods than the Twitter archive. These methods can be used by third-party applications that require your username and password in order to gain access. These apps are secure to use.
1. Retrieve Tweets Archive
Twitter stores all tweets sent by its users. It is important to be aware of this fact. You can search deleted tweets with it. To get the best results, you must follow every step.
- Visit the official Twitter website. Next, use your username and password to log into your account.
- After logging in, locate your profile icon by clicking on it. Next, click on the “Settings & Privacy” button from the menu.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Choose the “Account” option. Next, click the “Twitter Data” option. Now enter your password again to reverify Twitter.
- Tap on the option “Request Archive”, which is located in the menu.
- Did you follow the steps? Twitter will make an archive of your tweets that have been deleted if you answer yes. You will receive an email from the Twitter team using your registered email ID, with which you logged in to your Twitter account.
- After you have received the email, open the archive file in the registered mail. Click on “Download Now”. The zip file will be downloaded to your desktop.
- Extract the folder. You will find deleted tweets if you search for index.html.
This is one way to easily look at deleted tweets. It’s easy! Well! We’ll look at other options. Here’s a hint: the email with the Twitter archive file will expire after 30 days. This means that you will not be able access the file after 30 days. You can’t make another request after these 30 days.
2. Use the WayBack Machine to Find Deleted Twitters
Wayback Machine allows you to store all information from your Twitter account on a single website. You can search for deleted tweets using your Twitter credentials. Let’s now see how the Wayback Machine can be used to view deleted tweets.
- Go to Twitter.com by opening a new tab in your browser.
- Use your username and password to log into your Twitter account.
- Copy the URL to your Twitter account, where you wish to see deleted tweets.
- Copy the URL once you have copied it. Next, visit Wayback Machine’s official website. The search bar is located at the top. Copy the link you copied and begin searching.
- You will then see the complete list. You can then choose a URL that is based on this data.
- Open the Wayback Machine calendar and choose the year or day you wish to see your deleted tweets. It will open a new Twitter snapshot if you select the appropriate time.
- It’s done! Now you can browse the file and search for deleted tweets.
Tip Remember that you can view data only as a snapshot and not at the present time. The Wayback Machine can also be used in another way. You can do this by accessing the dropdown menu from the addons. This is how to use it for searching deleted tweets.
- The browser’s Add-ons Menu will be located at the top right of your screen. Search for the Wayback machine icon, and click on it.
- Click on the tweets icon link to open Twitter’s most recent public posts.
- The program will display deleted tweets. To find deleted tweets from the past, search for tweets and retweets.
3. Google Cache
Google Cache is another efficient and fastest way to view deleted tweets. You may now be wondering how Google Cache can help you find deleted tweets. Well! Let’s see what we can do.
- Google.com Open
- Search for “Search Bar” and enter your username, followed by Twitter.
- Click on the inverted Arrow right next to your name and select the “Cached” option. You’re done!
This will allow you to view all tweets that have been deleted. It is important to make sure that your cache has not been deleted. Otherwise, it will not show the results you want.
4. Twitter’s Native Advanced Search
Twitter’s Native Advanced Search method is one of the most secure ways to access deleted tweets. Third-party apps can be slow to trust, so this is the best way to access your deleted tweets. You only need to:
- Open the Advanced Search Page of your Twitter account
- Navigate to the Subheading titled “Accounts” and enter your username into the ‘From This Accounts’ field.
- You will find another heading called “Dates” where you can mention your start and ending dates.
- To search for tweets that fall within the same time frame as you entered, click on the search button.
You don’t have to follow the same steps as before. Instead, check out the “Word” sub-section. To find your tweet deleted, enter keywords in the ‘Word’ section. The ‘Words’ section offers several options, including:
- These words, and all the words in the tweet.
- The exact same phrase as the one in the tweet.
- These words can be used (the tweet could contain any one of them)
- These words are not included in the tweet (the tweet doesn’t include any written words).
- These hashtags are the hashtags used in the message
- Select the language for the tweet
Twipu, once known as Twipu, has changed its website address to Twuko.com. This app is third-party and can be used to search for deleted tweets. This app is not as trustworthy and reliable as the one mentioned.
This website makes it easy to locate deleted tweets. You only need to search for the username of the person whose deleted Tweets you wish to view. All the tweets from that person are displayed to your screen.
Snapbird, another trusted third-party application is also available. It is secure to use even though you are asked to input your password and username. You will be unable to see deleted tweets with it. It is far cooler.
This will allow you to view your entire timeline. This will allow you to easily locate your older tweets. You’ll be able to see how many people like and retweet your tweets.
View Someone’s Deleted Twitters.
You don’t have the right tools to see deleted tweets of someone else. Here’s how to view deleted tweets of someone you don’t know. You can also use the SnapBird to do this effectively. Snapbird allows you to view deleted tweets. You can view deleted tweets using Snapbird by following the steps below.
- You can visit SnapBird’s official site from any browser.
- Enter your username and password for Twitter. This is necessary to authenticate your Twitter account. Snapbird needs to access your tweets. You must ensure that you have the right ID and password. SnapBird will not post any information without permission from you on your timeline.
- After authentication is complete, the connection with your Twitter account will be established. You can then search directly for tweets from another Twitter account. This will display all deleted tweets.
This is a handy tool that allows you to see deleted tweets. Snapbird Premium Edition allows you to see direct messages and tweets that mention you. If you think it’s worth upgrading, Snapbird will allow you to upgrade from your base plan to its premium version.
Sometimes it can seem frustrating to remove tweets you don’t need. We hope that you will be able to find deleted tweets easily using the methods above. Before listing all of them here, we are currently testing each method. We would love to know what method you have chosen, and why.
Search through deleted tweets using the Twitter archive, WayBack Machine, or Twipu.com.