How to disable Twitter Space notifications on your computer and phone
Twitter Spaces allows users to participate in or listen to live audio chats. This is an excellent feature, but it can be frustrating for a number of reasons.
Users receive persistent notifications, regardless of platform, when any followers join a Twitter area.
This article will show you how to turn off Twitter Space notifications for desktop and mobile. We will discuss the various methods you can use to disable these notifications as well as how to get rid of the feature altogether in the next sections.
Let’s get on with it.
How to turn off Twitter space notifications on your phone [Android and iPhone]
It can seem daunting to disable Twitter space notifications in the new Twitter app for iOS and Android.
If push notifications are enabled, this is automatically enabled. This can be turned off manually in your account preferences.
These steps will help you do the exact same.
- First, log into your Twitter accountp.
- The next step is to click on your profile photo from the homepage of Twitter.
- From the navigation menu tap on “Settings & Privacy”
- Click on “Notifications” and then choose “Preferences
- You can then go to Push Notifications and scroll down until you find Spaces. Uncheck this box.
- This will turn off Twitter Space notifications while still allowing other important messages to be active.
We can now disable Twitter space notifications on mobile devices and move to desktop platforms.
How to disable Twitter Space notifications from your computer
The unified interface across mobile and desktop platforms makes it easy to turn off space notifications on your computer.
This is how it works:
- Select “More” and then click on “Settings and Privacy”.
- You will then need to choose “Notifications”.
- Tap on “Preferences” once you are inside the submenu ” Notifications”.
- Click “Push Notifications”, scroll down to Find “Spaces” in “From Twitter”.
- To disable Twitter space notifications, tap on the checkbox beside it.
You will get all notifications, except the Twitter Space ones, if you set the correct settings. Without annoying notifications, you can still access the Explore section to search for Spaces that interest you.
What can I do to get rid of the spaces at the top of my Twitter feed?
After you’ve disabled Twitter Space notifications successfully, you must address another issue in order for spaces to be removed completely.
You can view new spaces on the platform by floating windows at the top of the feed.
While cannot be disabled explicitly from the Twitter Settings , it can be done by blocking or muting the host for that particular Twitter space.
Twitter may offer an option that allows you to get rid completely of Spaces in the near future.
Twitter Spaces is a social media platform that aims to stand out from the growing number of competitors. This can make it difficult to use your account, regardless of how you feel about it.
You can also disable the Twitter space notifications, and mutate any Twitter spaces that are still active from your account preferences. This article should have given you some ideas on how to make your Twitter browsing experience better.