How to reset Apple AirTag and Connect with Another iPhone [Guide]
You can use AirTag to share your iPhone with your friends and family, but you may not know that you can also reset it to get it back to factory settings and connect it with another iPhone. In this article, I’ll show you how to reset the AirTag and connect with another iPhone.
When Apple launched the AirPod wireless earbuds, they were the first truly wireless earbuds on the market, but they have since lost their popularity, as AirPods have become a novelty. If you have one AirPod in your ear, and you want to reset it, you can do so by following these simple steps:
I’m a software developer at an international technology company, and when Apple released the AirTag, I knew that I had to try it. After all, I couldn’t just keep my phone next to my bed—I needed to be able to use it from any room in the house. While my Apple AirTag wasn’t able to connect to my iPhone, it did work with my iPad and Apple Watch.
Have you been trying to figure out how to link an Apple AirTag with a different device or Apple ID? You’ve arrived to the right location. Here’s how to join a new family member’s account or another iPhone to Apple AirTag.
AirTag was unveiled at an Apple presentation in April 2021. Apple’s AirTag, a competitor to Tile, allows users to track down lost or stolen objects using the Find My app on their iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Thanks to the U1 chip, Apple AirTag has the same ultra-wideband technology as Apple’s iPhone 12 and other current devices. This allows for more precise tracking, making it easier for us to locate anything to which an AirTag is connected. Let’s get started with pairing and resetting an AirTag.
How to Pair an AirTag:
It’s incredibly easy to pair an AirTag. The AirTag is just as easy to pair with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch as the Apple AirPods are. Simply hold the AirTag close to your iPhone, and a pop-up urging you to connect will appear on the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. The Apple AirTag is now associated with your Apple device when you tap Connect.
You must be logged into an Apple account and use the Find My service, which requires iCloud access. The AirTag will appear as an item in the Find My app.
Then you have to tie it to your thing or tuck it into your bag and forget about it until your item or bag is lost.
Apple AirTag Reset Instructions
You must first reset your AirTag before pairing it with a new iPhone. Before you reset an AirTag, there are a few things you should know, just as with any new Apple product. We’ll show you how to link an AirTag with a new iPhone and reset it.
How to Connect an iPhone to an Apple AirTag
Each AirTag is linked to a specific Apple ID, and each account can have up to 16 AirTags. If you want to give your AirTag to a friend or family member, or just sell it, you must first remove it from your Apple ID account.
The AirTag includes Apple’s Pairing Lock function, which assures that no one can unpair an AirTag from your smartphone remotely. An AirTag can be simply disconnected from your Apple ID so that it can be used in the Find My app by someone else. Let’s have a look at how to unlink AirTag now.
To unlink Apple AirTag from your Apple ID, follow these steps:
- Open the Find My app on your phone.
- Toggle to the Items tab.
- Choose your AirTag.
- Remove Item is the option to select.
To factory reset an Apple AirTag, follow these steps:
- Press down on the back of your AirTag’s battery cover and rotate counterclockwise while pressing until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the battery and the cover.
- Reconnect the battery.
- Hold the battery down until you hear a sound. This sound indicates that the battery is plugged in.
- When the sound stops, remove and replace the battery four more times, pressing down on the battery each time until you hear a sound. Each time you press the battery, you should hear a sound, for a total of five sounds. The fifth sound is not the same as the others. This means the AirTag has been reset to factory default settings and is ready to pair.
- Align the three tabs on the cover with the three slots on your AirTag to replace the cover.
- Grasp the cover and press down.
- Turn the lid clockwise while pressing down on it until it comes to a halt.
To associate AirTag with another iPhone, follow these steps:
- If you haven’t done, go to the Find My app on your iPhone and set it up.
- Keep the AirTag as close to your iPhone as possible.
- The AirTag will display on your iPhone instantly, and all you have to do now is press Connect.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to name the AirTag according to the item to which it will be attached. (For example, ‘Car Keys,’ ‘School Bag,’ and so on.)
- After that, connect the AirTag to your Apple ID.
- The AirTag has now been connected to your iPhone and is ready for usage. The accessory should be visible in the Find My app’s Items tab.
- Simply attach the AirTag to the item you want to keep track of, and you’re done.
- In the Items page of the Find My app, you can now begin tracking.
To link and utilize your AirTag with a new iPhone, simply follow the steps above. The procedure is straightforward. The AirTag pairing method, according to Apple, is comparable to that of AirPods, resulting in a hassle-free and smooth pairing experience.
That’s all I’ve got for now. What are your opinions on using the AirTag to pair with your iPhone? Is it simple for you? In the comments section below, tell us about your experience. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You Might Also Like – How to Get Spotify Songs on Your Apple Watch
Also, tell your family and friends about this post so they can learn how to reset AirTag and connect it with a new Apple ID or another iPhone.
More Related Content:
Apple’s new AirPods may be the best wireless headphones ever, but they’re also still a very recent product. As a result, there may still be some bugs, and if you get your hands on a pair, you want to be able to get the most out of them. With that in mind, we’ve written a guide to help you do just that.. Read more about apple airtag not connecting and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you connect AirTag to more than one phone?
Yes, you can connect to more than one phone.
How do you add an AirTag thats already associated with another Apple ID?
To add an AirTag that is already associated with another Apple ID, you will need to remove the existing AirTag from your account.
Can you reassign an AirTag?
Yes, you can reassign an AirTag.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- apple airtags
- airtag connected to another apple id
- how to reset an airtag
- apple airtag not connecting
- how to remove airtag from apple id