How to Update Software of Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone
Here we offer you different methods to update the software of Samsung Galaxy S4.
Back up all Android data before updating your phone.
The phone’s battery must be over 50% and an internet connection must be active before the update is performed.
Software update via parameters
This is the best way to update the software on your Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. After updating the software of your mobile phone, you can increase the speed and get new features.
Your mobile phone must have an active internet connection to be updated using this method.
Follow the steps below to update the software on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- First, open the Settings application on your Samsung mobile phone.
- Then find and select the Software Update option.
- You can now see the latest version of the software, if available.
- Then click on the Download button.
- The software is now loaded.
- Give it some time.
- When the download is complete, click Verify and Install.
- You will now see a pop-up message. To install the updates, you must restart your phone. Do you want to continue?
- Click on the OK option.
- The phone will reboot and install the new software.
This method of updating the software does not delete any data (such as photos, applications, and contacts) on your phone. However, you should back up your phone’s data to avoid data loss.
Software update via recovery mode
If the above method does not work, use this recovery mode to update the software. First, download the latest version of the software for your Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and move it to the root folder of the memory or SD card of the Samsung phone without unzipping it.
This method erases all data in the device when you select Clear Data/Factory Reset.
Follow the steps below to enter recovery mode.
- First download the software update file and navigate to the SD card.
- Turn off your Samsung mobile phone by pressing and holding the power button.
- Then hold on.
- Volume + Home + Power button or
- Volume + On/Off button.
- Louder + Bixby + Power button
- When you see the screen with the Android exclamation point, release all buttons.
- Press and hold the power button, then press the volume up button.
- Then use the volume keys to select Clear data/Reset to factory settings and confirm with the Power key.
- Use the volume keys to select Yes and press the power key.
- When the reset is complete, return to the same recovery mode menu.
- Now select the option Apply update from SD card.
- Then find the downloaded software update file in the repository.
- Then click on the software update file and install it.
- The unit starts the update automatically.
- Then select the option to restart the system.
- Finally, your device should boot up with the new version.
Download replacement ROM or firmware
You can download free firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. Follow the steps below to manually download the ROM or firmware.
Download the Flash file from the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- First, go to Samsung’s official website.
- Then click Update System and select the region to which your phone belongs.
- Then select your phone’s model number and click Download to download the firmware for your Samsung phone.
How can I prevent Samsung from performing updates?
The system or software update cannot be stopped once it has started (i.e., when you click the Check and Install button). And if you force the update, it can damage your phone. We advise you not to try it.
You can stop when the software is loaded.
Why does a software update always fail?
If your Samsung Galaxy S4’s software update fails every time, follow the steps below to fix the problem.
- Enter this number *#*#001####* on the keypad, find is root=option. If you have root=1, you need to flash the firmware to restore the system, then you can install it normally.
- If is_root=0, try the following steps.
- Switch to another network or connect to a more stable Wi-Fi network, then download and install the update to give it a try.
- Then delete the entries from Download Manager and System Update.
Why does the software need to be updated?
It is advisable to update your phone’s software to the latest version. Software updates often contain software patches. They plug security holes so hackers can’t get into your device.
These are the best reasons why you should update your phone’s software.
- To speed up your Android device and fix slow performance issues.
- Updating the software keeps hackers at bay.
- Provide new features or better compatibility and remove obsolete features.
- Protect your phone from the latest threats.
frequently asked questions
What is the latest version of Android for the Galaxy S4?
wiki ‘ Samsung_Galaxy_S4
Can I update the operating system on my Samsung Galaxy S4?
‘… Unlock your phone…
How do I upgrade my Galaxy S4 to Android 7?
update galaxy 4 to android 7
Feedback,update software samsung galaxy s4samsung galaxy s4 update 2020samsung galaxy s4 update 2019samsung galaxy s4 update 5.0 downloadsamsung galaxy s4 i9500 firmware updatesamsung galaxy s4 android version,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,samsung galaxy s4 software update download,how to update samsung galaxy s4 to latest android version,update software samsung galaxy s4,samsung galaxy s4 update 2020,samsung galaxy s4 update 2019,samsung galaxy s4 update 5.0 download,samsung galaxy s4 i9500 firmware update,samsung galaxy s4 android version