Windows 10 Build 19042.962 (20H2) and 19043.962 (21H1) Released to Insiders
Microsoft has updated the Beta and Release Preview channels for Windows 10 versions 20H2 and 21H1. Windows 10 build 19042.962 is available to Insiders in the Beta channel and Release Preview channels in version 21H1. Insiders who are on 20H2 will receive version 19042.962 in the preview channel.
Both updates are called patch KB5001391 and have a list of changes (see below). After testing the News and Interests feature in the Dev channel, Microsoft is moving it to the Beta and Release Preview ring with today’s fixes.
What’s new in KB5001391
- We’re extending the display of news and Pinterest in the Windows taskbar to the beta and pre-release rings. It was available in the device channel and was continuously improved based on insider feedback. News and interests in the taskbar keep you informed at a glance. We’d love to hear from you.
- We have fixed an issue that was causing the website to not close as expected in Microsoft Edge IE mode.
- We fixed an issue where mandatory profiles could not be completely removed when you signed out using the group policy Delete cached copies of roaming profiles.
- We fixed an issue that was causing empty tiles with names like ms-resource:AppName or ms-resource:appDisplayName to appear in the Start menu. These empty tiles represent installed apps and appear about 15 minutes after you upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10. Installing this update prevents these empty tiles from appearing in the Start menu.
- Fixed an issue with Microsoft’s Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) that was causing the custom candidate application window to not display correctly.
- We fixed a problem that occurred when installing inventory applications.
- We fixed an issue where kernel mode rules for .NET applications were being included in Windows Defender’s application management policy. As a result, the policies created are much larger than necessary.
- We have fixed an issue that caused the device status check to fail.
- We fixed an issue where mode S was disabled when you enabled System Guard Secure Launch on a system running Windows 10 in mode S.
- We have fixed an issue that caused lsass.exe memory usage to increase until the system was unusable. This happens when the Transport Layer Security (TLS) system resumes the session.
- We have solved a race condition problem between the task scheduler and the workstation support. As a result, users cannot automatically join the Azure Active Directory (AAD) hybrid domain and error 0070490 is generated.
- We fixed an issue that was causing Azure Active Directory authentication to fail after connecting to Windows Virtual Desktop machines.
- We fixed an issue where AAL work accounts could unexpectedly disappear from some applications, such as Microsoft Teams or Microsoft Office.
- Fixed an issue with a partial SCP (Service Connection Point) configuration that caused dsregcmd.exe to stop working. This issue occurs due to the case-sensitive domain ID comparison that occurs when joining an Azure Active Directory hybrid domain using single sign-on (SSO).
- We fixed an issue that was inadvertently causing a hybrid ACD join when the group policy Computers associated with the domain as devices was set to DISABLED. For more information, see Azure AD Hybrid Join Reconfiguration Tasks.
- We’ve added the ability to set the number of periods of inactivity before the headset goes to sleep in the Windows Mixed Reality settings.
- We fixed an issue that could cause a hang error when running Docker Containers with process isolation.
- We have fixed an issue that was causing certificates to be automatically enrolled and received with an error: the parameter is incorrect.
- We have fixed an issue that could cause virtual Microsoft Defender Application Guard machines to become unresponsive when Microsoft Defender Application Guard for Office opens a document. This issue may occur with some devices or with drivers that use GPU hardware accelerated scheduling.
- We fixed an issue that prevented some media players from playing content from hybrid dGPU devices on iGPU displays.
- We have solved a problem with race conditions causing high CPU load. As a result, the system stops working and blockages occur.
- We have solved the blocking problem with the file system with new technology (NTFS).
- We have fixed an issue that caused DWM.exe to not work in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that could affect the application screen when using the Remote Desktop ActiveX control embedded in an HTML page.
- We have enhanced the Windows Server storage migration service:
- Added support for migration of NetApp FAS arrays to Windows servers and clusters.
- Fix various problems and improve reliability.
- For more information, see the Migration Service’s Memory Overview.
Microsoft hasn’t announced the public rollout of Windows 10 21H1 yet, but it won’t be long before all Insiders in the Release Preview ring receive it. The next version of Windows 10 is a minor update with a small list of changes, including support for multiple cameras for Windows Hello and improvements to Windows Defender Application Guard. Find out what’s new in Windows 10 version 21H1.
Please support us.
Vinero is counting heavily on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
Sergei Tkachenko 20. April 2021 on Windows 10.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
windows 10 build 20h2 release datewindows 10 20h2 build numberwindows 10 20h2 updatewindows 20h2 build numberwindows 10 insider preview 21277windows insider,People also search for,windows 10 build 20h2 release date,windows 10 20h2 build number,windows 10 20h2 update,cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 20h2 for x64-based systems,windows 20h2 build number,windows 10 insider preview 21277,windows insider,windows insider version history