Twitter Blue: The Best Features and How to Register, including Undo Tweets
Twitter Blue is a monthly membership service, It’s the company’s first foray into the subscription business. It will undoubtedly help people who use it for commercial purposes, such as generating more leads and increasing brand recognition.
Keep reading this article to know more about this feature and how can you use them for your profit.
- What is Twitter Blue and what does it do?
- How much does Twitter Blue cost?
- Is Twitter Blue worth $3 a month?
- Is free Twitter going away?
- Is my account eligible for Twitter Blue?
- How to sign up for Twitter Blue
- Now that I have Twitter Blue, how do I undo a tweet?
- How do I get pinned conversations, longer video uploads, and other experimental features?
- How to cancel your Twitter Blue subscription?
What is Twitter Blue and what does it do?
Twitter Blue is an optional, subscription service that allows users to use exclusive features available at a monthly fee basis. The most notable feature that was rolled out is the undo tweet feature. The features that came out with this subscription model are as listed below.
- Bookmark Collections – Bookmark Collections is a feature that allows users to group all of their bookmarks into a “collection” so you can quickly find them when you need them. You can add a tweet to your bookmarks by tapping on the share icon, selecting “Add Tweet to Bookmarks,” and then selecting the “Add to Folder” button. Alternatively, you can establish a Bookmark Folder from your profile and manually add Tweets to it.
- Undo Tweet – If you made a typo in the tweet or you forgot to tag someone, Twitter Blue gives them the option to reverse their Tweets before it gets posted to your feed. The feature is enabled by default, and users can customize the amount of time it takes to click “Undo” before the Tweet, Reply, or Thread appears on the timeline (up to 30 seconds). As a Twitter Blue subscriber, when you send a Tweet, it won’t appear on your timeline until the Undo Tweet timeframe ends. To make changes, click “View Tweet” in the Sending Tweet notice.
- Readers mode – Subscribers to Twitter Blue also gain access to Reader Mode, which makes reading multiple content and information more enjoyable. This function converts extensive Twitter conversations into easy-to-read text, allowing you to view them all at once. Simply press the “View thread in Reader” option at the bottom of each tweet in a Thread to see it in Reader mode. You can even change the font size to improve your reading experience.
- Custom navigation – Now, you can easily customize the Twitter navigation as you want. You can easily change it to add a profile, monetization icon, bookmarks, or lists. Although this feature is only available for iOS users.
- App icon – You can now also change your Twitter app icon for your home screen. You can choose from eight different icons and three seasonal ones (only available for iOS users).
- Themes – You can also customize the themes of your Twitter app. You can choose from six theme colors: blue(original), green, red, purple, orange, and yellow. It’s only available for iOS users.
- Experimental features – Twitter Blue subscribers get first access to features we’re testing before they’re available to the rest of the world!. Lab features will evolve over time. Some features may be withdrawn or made accessible to all Twitter accounts, but others will only be available to subscribers. Keep an eye on your settings to see what’s fresh.
How much does Twitter Blue cost?
Twitter Blue is a subscription model that works on a monthly fee basis. The monthly charges for the subscription are as below:
- US = $3
- AUS = $4.49
- CA = $3.49
- NZ = $4.49
Although these prices are not fixed, they might change in the near future. Twitter calls this an “introductory price” on its official Twitter Blue subscription page.
Is Twitter Blue worth $3 a month?
Yes, Twitter Blue is worth $3 a month but only in the US. The prices for other countries differ from that of the US. You can subscribe to Twitter Blue at $3 only in the US. It’s a paid monthly subscription that comes with a slew of premium features
Is free Twitter going away?
No, You would still be able to use the free Twitter as usual. There won’t be any changes in the free version of Twitter. Twitter Blue is a subscription model that works on a monthly fee basis and is totally optional for the user whether they want to subscribe to it or not.
Is my account eligible for Twitter Blue?
Twitter Blue is available for users using Twitter on Android, iOS, and the web. It’s only available in four countries across the globe that are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the US. Twitter may plan to expand this plan to other countries as well. But right now it’s only available to these four countries.
How to sign up for Twitter Blue
Signing up for Twitter Blue is an easy and quick process. You can do it from both the Twitter app for iOS and Android or from the web version. To sign-up for Twitter follow the method below.
Signing up through the iOS or Android Twitter app
Step 1 – Open the Twitter app on your iOS or Android device and login into your account using your login credentials.
Step 2 – click on your profile icon which is located at the top left corner of the screen to access the profile menu.
Step 3 – Tap on Twitter Blue and click on subscribe button at the bottom of your screen.
Step 4 – Pay the subscription fees using either your Apple pay for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Step 5 – Now, you have successfully signed up for Twitter Blue.
Signing up through web
Step 1 – Open Twitter on the web and login into your account using your login credentials.
Step 2 – In the profile menu which is at the left of your screen, click on more.
Step 3 – Tap on Twitter Blue and select the Subscribe button at the screen’s bottom.
Step 4 – Pay the subscription fees and you would be subscribed to this service.
Now that I have Twitter Blue, how do I undo a tweet?
When you subscribe to Twitter Blue, Undo Tweet will get automatically turned on by default. You can enable or disable the functionality in your Twitter Blue settings. You won’t see the Undo Tweet prompt if you turn it off, and your Tweet will send immediately away.
When Tweet Undo is enabled, your Tweet is fully private for the duration of the Tweet Undo period. Until the Undo Tweet period ends or you pick Send now, your followers will not see the Tweet. Although, the undo tweet feature is not available in other Twitter products or through third party apps.
How do I get pinned conversations, longer video uploads, and other experimental features?
To get access to the experimental features, you can use the lab feature to gain access to the features that are currently in the testing phase and are not yet released.
Twitter Blue allows you to use these lab features before they are launched. Although, you can only use two features right now. These two features are:
- Pinned conversation – With this feature, now you can pin any conversation that you want to the top of your DM page.
- Upload longer videos – This feature will allow you to upload videos up to 10 minutes long, although this feature is only limited to desktops right now.
How to cancel your Twitter Blue subscription?
You can easily cancel your Twitter Blue subscription by going to your settings. You can manage your subscription from the settings. You can cancel or end your subscription there.
Although the Twitter Blue subscription will automatically expire at the end of your billing cycle. Do note that subscription cancellation must be done out with the platform that was used to buy the subscription.
Twitter Blue, Twitter’s optional subscription plan, provides access to a number of exclusive features, including the ability to undo tweets for a limited time after they’ve been sent. This feature doesn’t allow users to edit tweets that have been sent in the past.12-Nov-2021
How does work ‘Edit’ feature on Twitter Blue? Basically, instead of being able to edit any tweet, Twitter Blue users will have a window of around 60 seconds before it is sent. So, they will be able to review and correct the post if there is any error. This means that tweets already published cannot be edited.18-Apr-2022
As there is no edit button for now, reposting a tweet is the only way to make things right without using third-party extensions. You can simply type the whole tweet all over again. But nothing’s stopping you from copying the text, and then pasting it in a new tweet with a few corrections.
The ability to edit tweets after they have been posted has been requested by users for several years. Twitter has already confirmed that the service is already working on an edit button, which will make its way to Twitter Blue users in the coming months.16-Apr-2022
With Twitter Blue, users will have access to a feature called “Undo Tweet,” which allows you to preview a tweet for one minute before it is sent out. The subscription service also makes the experience on the social media platform more customizable.09-Nov-2021
Twitter Blue does include an Ad-free Articles feature which offers subscribers a fast-loading, ad-free reading experience on the websites of publishers within the Twitter Blue Publisher Network. Read more about our Ad-free Articles feature.