Two-factor authentication on Instagram
Do you know how to enable two-factor authentication on Instagram? Everyone is concerned about the privacy of their social media accounts. You can enable the two-factor authentication option to ensure the security of your social networks like Facebook, Twitter and also Instagram is no exception. Instagram allows users to use one-time passwords as their 2nd password. Authentication Factory, and find out how to easily enable or disable this option.
Read: Enable two-factor authentication for the LinkedIn web application.
Two ways to enable two-factor authentication
There are two ways to enable two-factor authentication for your Instagram account. You can receive a text message or use an authentication application. You’ll learn the two ways to make your Instagram account more private or secure, but most importantly, Instagram recommends using a verification app. Authentication applications are private or more secure than a text message for a one-time password.
Read: To enable two-factor authentication on Twitter
Enable two-factor authentication on Instagram
If you use Instagram on your Android device. It is then very easy for you to activate the two-factor authentication feature. The instructions are similar on Instagram for Android and iPhone users. I’m going to show you a way to access the two-factor authentication page on Instagram.
- Tap to open Instagram’s mobile app.
- Enter the profile by clicking on the profile image in the bottom right corner.
- Now click on the main menu icon or the three-line menu at the top right of the menu.
- Select the Setup Gears icon below
- Then select the Security option
- Then select the two-factor authentication option on the next page.
- You are now on the page with Instagram’s two factory authentication settings. Click on the Getting Started option.
Go to Instagram security settings
Select the two-factor authentication method (authentication application)
Here you can choose the verification method you want to use for Instagram. You can use a text message or an Authenticator application to obtain passwords for two-factor authentication. If you’re interested, read on to learn about both methods, starting with the application verifier.
Read: Enabling/disabling Facebook two-factor authentication
To enable 2FA with the Authenticator app on Instagram
Let us know the first way to enable 2FA on Instagram when using the Google Authenticator app. Let’s start by downloading and installing the Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator applications on your Android device or iPhone. You can also use alternative applications such as Duo Mobile, Authy or any other authentication application you prefer. You can do this with any two-factor application. However, we will be using the Duo mobile application.
- Start by turning on the authentication application switch (recommended).
- Next, Instagram will open, where you can download and install the authentication app.
- Before you do this, make a short copy of the code you need to implement.
- At the bottom of this page you will see an option to set a different path. Press this option.
Install the recommended Instagram Authenticator app
Your Instagram verification password will appear on your screen. Here you just need to copy and paste this code into Mobile Dow or Google Authenticator. Press the copy button.
Configuring dual authentication and key duplication
Set up two-factor authentication App
Once you’ve downloaded the Authenticator app, add your Instagram account by following these steps:
- Tap Get started with Google Authenticator.
- Click the + sign in the bottom right corner if you already have verification codes set up in the Google Authenticator app.
- Click on the Enter Setup Key button.
- You now need to add a name to your account. You can use a simple name like Instagram, or if you have multiple accounts, you can even use something like Instagram @Site. This way you can easily find the right verification code.
- When you are done adding the name, add a line of text to the Key field and click Add.
- You will see the IG verification code in the Google Authenticator application. Select the code and it will be automatically copied to the clipboard.
- Go back to Instagram and paste the code you just copied.
Setting up two-factor authentication by using Mobil Duo Authenticator
Add an account and enter your Instagram access code
Great, you just defended your IG account. The next time you log into your Instagram account, you’ll need to enter your username and password first. Then enter the verification code from the Google Authenticator application. You cannot use or access your account if you do not have a verification code.
The final step is to copy your Instagram backup codes and store them in a safe place. You can access these backup codes and use them to log into your Instagram account. If you lose your mobile phone or in other circumstances you cannot retrieve the authentication code.
Press Done and save the recovery code.
Read: Protect your Gmail account with two-step authentication/verification
Using SMS codes to activate 2FA on Instagram
If you want to use the second method of two-factor authentication based on text messages, it is not as secure as using authentication applications. But it’s better than nothing. If you want to receive an SMS OTP (One-Time-Password) when you want to sign in to Instagram,
- Open the Instagram application on your mobile phone
- Go to Instagram’s profile page by clicking on the profile icon.
- Then go to the settings by pressing the Send icon.
- Then click on Instagram’s two-factor authentication option.
- Now select the radio button next to the Text message option.
- Enter your phone number and Instagram will send you a six-digit code as a text message.
- Enter this six-digit code and select Next to set up two-factor authentication on Instagram.
Enable 2AF by selecting the security text
In the last step, you need an important option. Instagram provides you with a set of backup passwords that you can use to log in if you can’t receive text messages on your phone number. You should copy these codes and keep them in a safe place, preferably in a password manager.
Once you’ve backed up your Instagram account, make sure you have a backup for the 2FA. You don’t want to be disconnected from your online accounts if you lose your phone or it gets destroyed after a repair.
Disable the two-factor authentication feature on Instagram.
If you change your mind or want to disable the 2FA feature on Instagram for any other reason. Just follow these steps to disable two-factor authentication security methods, such as the authentication app and SMS.
- Go to your Instagram profile and select the main menu.
- Select the Settings cog icon from the list below
- Select the Security option
- Click on the two-factor authentication option here.
- If you want to disable or deactivate the Authenticator application, click the
- Now click once on the Shutdown option in the pop-up window.
Disable the application of 2AF authentication
To turn off the Text message option, select the radio button next to Text message. Just press the switch once when it appears on the screen. At the end of this option, your two-factor authentication security option will even disable two-factor authentication or SMS.
Disable SMS two-factor authentication method
frequently asked questions
How to get two factors on Instagram
‘ … Technical note.
How do I use a two-factor authentication app on Instagram?
A two-factor ID…
How do I use the Authenticator app for Instagram?
Feedback,instagram two-factor authentication new phoneinstagram two-factor authentication lost phonehow to turn off two-factor authentication on instagram without logging intwo-factor authentication instagram appinstagram two-factor authentication not sending texthow to get past two-factor authentication instagram,People also search for,instagram two-factor authentication not sending text,how to get past two-factor authentication instagram,instagram two-factor authentication not working,how to remove 2 factor authentication instagram without login,instagram two-factor authentication new phone,instagram two-factor authentication lost phone,how to turn off two-factor authentication on instagram without logging in,two-factor authentication instagram app